Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Dinner

Christmas dinner was a success! It was my first experience with a beef roast. I followed the Ina Garten (AKA Barefoot Contessa) technique for the Perfect Rib Roast. If I say so myself, it was pretty darn good!! I was a little nervous that I'd screw up a big, expensive piece of meat with a room full of hungry people, but I would definitely make one again!

Also on the menu:
Brussel Sprout Hash - A Doctor, Uncle Mikey recipe
We are not a brussel sprout family, but this was fantastic!!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle Butter
Cranberries - Homemade as per Benjamin family tradition
Pumpkin Pie
Swedish Yule Glug - A Hagstrand tradition

We had two tables going. No "kids table." Just a "sit where you want." It was a very good time! With another week of family at the house, I can see a lot more epicurean adventures in our future!

No comments: