Thursday, November 15, 2012

One Week Left!


One week left to race day! I've run over 100 miles in preparation. I've shaved almost 2 minutes/mile off my 5k! I only have 3 more runs until race day. Last Sunday I ran 10 miles! My longest run......EVER.

I've had a killer cold/sinus infection the past two weeks and haven't been able to run as often as I'd like. I'm getting a little nervous, but I'm still pretty excited. I keep telling myself adrenaline will get me there. After my last two long runs, my hip flexors have been sore and I've been pretty wiped. As a result, we are suspending Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday in favor of a non-traditional pizza dinner or something on the grill.

The race course is in Mandarin and goes along the river for a while. I just hope it doesn't rain! I have a couple friends who are also running their first half marathon. So, this is what peer pressure looks like in your thirties!?

According to the Paul Ryan Marathon Calculator, I should finish in 1hour, 40 minutes! That's only 35 minutes off the women's world record!

1 comment:

Nancy L. said...

Good luck in the race. We will be thinking of you Thursday morning!