We are not "paleo" nor are we "gluten-free," but we try to incorporate as many vegetables into our diet as possible. This recipe has been requested the past 3 weeks in a row. I served it at Easter and had 2 requests for the recipe: this is the real deal.
Take in all the cauliflower goodness...
See: it even looks like rice up close!
from The Bitten Word
1 medium to large head of cauliflower
2 T olive oil
1 t minced garlic
1 t minced ginger
1 T soy sauce
1/4 c shelled edamame or peas
1/4 c chopped red bell pepper
2 T sliced scallions
2 T chopped cilantro (if your palate can handle it...)
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
2. Core the cauliflower and chop into florets. Feed cauliflower into a food processor using the shredding disc.
3. When oil is shimmering, add the ginger and garlic and cook for 45 seconds - until fragrant.
4. Add cauliflower and toss in skillet to coat with oil/aromatics. Let it cook 4 minutes stirring often.
5. Add the soy sauce, stir, and cook four more minutes.
6. Take the "rice" off the heat, add the cilantro/scallions, and serve!