Monday, June 5, 2017

Pancake Mix



Can you really call a "pancake mix" a recipe? I suppose it meets the definition - get a bunch of stuff together and combine it. I always have the ingredients in my pantry and it's nice to have some pancake mix ready! 

It takes longer to measure out the ingredients than it does to mix it all together. Sure, picking up a box of pancake mix at the store would be easier, but I like that there are less than 10 ingredients...and I can pronounce them all.










A double batch fits nicely into a glass canister......and I am a huge fan of the glass canister. I loved them from the moment I saw them in the Barefoot Contessa's kitchen!

Pumpkin muffins for dinner with this mix is our favorite. It works great in a pinch if you're running short on time or (God forbid) you didn't plan anything for dinner. 




Pancake Mix 

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup oatmeal
3 Tbsp. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg


1. Mix ingredients together and store in airtight container.

No comments: