Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life with a Toddler

I signed up for a cooking class at the Publix Cooking School (knife skills!). More to come on the class later.

I was going to leave work a little early. I got my keys and noticed my wallet wasn't in my purse. I looked in the car and then in the workout facility at work. No dice. I figured it must be at home as it had been a very early morning.

I came home and couldn't find it. I tore the house apart! I even looked in the bushes, garbage can, dishwasher and fridge....Hey! You never know! Don't judge me! You know you've put a dirty dish in the fridge absent-mindedly before! It was getting closer and closer to the time I had to leave and I had no ID or money. I had to go across town for the class and only had a quarter tank of gas. Not ideal. I took the checkbook to the bank to cash a check.....but the darn bank closed at 4pm! Seriously?!

I came home dejected and apathetic. Scott offered to leave early to get home in time for me to make the class, but I was just so bummed. I figured since I was home, I may as well clean up Shelby's toys a bit. I was thinking, "I can't even blame her! She's still too little." As I tossed Kitty into the toy box, I saw a familiar, black wallet peeking out from under Baby Henry! It took a minute to register.

The Pumpkin pickpocketed me!!!!!!!!

I grabbed it, threw on my shoes, and called Scott that his daughter had stolen my wallet as I squealed out of the driveway. I made it to the class with 3 minutes to spare. And, it was the most amazing class! I'm so glad I was able to go!

1 comment:

dlawrence99 said...

Glad to know you retrieved you wallet and put your daughter in a safe place before getting those knives in your hand! :-)