Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Dinner 2012

This year, we're sticking with some old favorites (Snack-y Christmas Eve feast, rib roast, and yummy roasted Brussel sprouts) and adding some new components - namely in the veggie side dishes. I've heard/seen yule logs mentioned in magazines, blogs and podcasts this year and I'm extremely intrigued. I'm lobbying for this to become a new family tradition. I can't even count the different flavor variations we can try for years to come!

I'm looking forward to all of it. I had a great time coming up with the menus!

We'll throw some pictures onto the post after we've created our masterpieces (but before we tear into them!).

Christmas Eve
Individual pizzas
Summer sausage, cheese and crackers
Nut bread topped with cream cheese and olives (or not...depending on your taste )
Creamed Swiss chard
Christmas cookies! Nom, nom!!


Christmas Dinner
Standing Rib Roast
Sweet Potatoes with Maple and Bourbon
Cornbread Stuffing
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries
Butterhorns
Yule log!

No comments: