Sunday, August 16, 2009

Craig's List

I just "discovered" Craig's List this weekend. It's a new thing...you may not have heard of it. :) Of course you've heard of it, but this was my first experience using it.

We bought a new entertainment center, and needed to get rid of our our old one. Friday night I posted in the classified section. I even posted a picture - just an average shot from the point-and-shoot that I took (not a studio shot Scott would be capable of). Within 36 hours, we had 4 people inquire over email. And, within 48 hours, it was sold and out of our house!

There was one false alarm. A woman was supposed to come over Saturday, but never showed. The people that ended up buying it came to the house this afternoon. Scott answered the door with me behind him with Shelby on my hip. We opened the door to a young couple - complete with the wife carrying their 7-month old on her hip! I think both families were a little surprised we looked so similar! Of course there was some negotiation about the price. Shoot! We didn't care! We just wanted the furniture out of the house!

I must say, I'm believer in Craig's List now! I will certainly look there first when we need to make another furiture purchase/sale.

No comments: