Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Meat Cake

My friend from New Hampshire posted on her blog about this meat cake. At first glance, I was horrified. Then, I kept thinking about it. WWFD (What Would a Foodie Do)? Ya know, it might just work.

I think this recipe might be a little over the top - the sweet potatoes and marshmallows just aren't sitting right with me. A girl's got to draw a line somewhere.

I think I might want to try it out. It's a great novelty recipe! In my mind, I will make these changes:

1. Leave the cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes & marshmallows out of the cake.
2. "Frost" the whole cake with mashed potatoes and put it in a very hot oven to put some color on the potatoes (a la twice-baked potatoes).
3. Make up some extra-syrupy cranberry sauce (1.5 - 2c water instead of the traditional 1c) and drizzle over the top of the "slice" when serving.

What do you think?


Photo courtesy of Chow

1 comment:

yorkd said...

Set a place at the table, because, I am coming over for Thanksgiving!

Hope all is well! Miss you!