Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pot Roast

When Scott and I were at Barnes & Noble on Saturday, I found some slow cooker books. I was inspired! I went to FoodNetwork.com, and found a pot roast recipe from trusty ol' Paula Deen! **

Since I leave before the crack of dawn, assembling the pot roast fell on Scott's (nervous) shoulders! I set him up for success. So easy, even a husband can make it! :)


I so kindly labeled each of the steps to ensure a successful assembly.

When we got home, I was so excited....and I hadn't even tasted our creation yet!

  1. The house hadn't burned down.
  2. The meat wasn't raw!

Instead, the house smelled wonderful! Let's see how the family liked it....



I think it was a successful project! Scott liked it so much he asked, "What else can we make in there?"

**Cook's note (don't get me wrong, we loved it; but, always looking to improve on a good thing!):
  1. No searing of the meat as in the recipe (5am is way too early to sear a 3-lb piece of meat!)
  2. Used 8oz of mushrooms and 1cup of heavy cream instead of cream of mushroom soup.
  3. We used 12oz of chicken stock and 12oz of water. WAY too much liquid! Next time we will cut down by 1/3 to 1/2.
  4. More garlic and pepper is always a good thing!

1 comment:

dlawrence99 said...

Yum!
Good team work. Looks like Shelby approves.