Sunday, April 1, 2012

Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast

I love to watch The Food Network. The obsession began when I was on maternity leave with Shelby. Over the last year, my interests branched out to include Chef Anne Burrell (here and here). I watched one of her "Secrets of a Restaurant Chef" episodes during a mini-bedrest episode a couple months ago featuring stuffed chicken breasts. Mmmm! Gotta keep that idea in mind!

I was looking for some inspiration for dinner a couple weeks ago and remembered the stuffed chicken breasts from the episode I saw. The possibilities for stuffing the chicken are virtually endless. I looked to see what I had to play with and the following recipe uses up some items in my fridge. Scott gave the dish a "Wow!" Score!

I made these guys again tonight, but featured some different crisper drawer headliners (mushrooms, greens, garlic and a little parmesan)!

Both versions were a success and I will definitely keep them in our dinner rotation!



Stuffed Chicken Breasts
adapted from Anne Burrell


4 chicken breasts
4 oz goat cheese
1 roasted red pepper, small dice
1 zucchini, small dice
2 T dill, finely chopped (optional)
1 c bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 c flour
2 T olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fold peppers, zucchini and dill into goat cheese.
3. Cut a pocket into chicken breasts. Stuff each breast with about 1/4 c of the filling.
4. Dredge the stuffed chicken in flour. Then dip in egg and then bread crumbs.
5. Heat oil over medium heat and brown chicken until crispy on the outside (~5 minutes per side).
6. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and bake until chicken is cooked through (~10 - 15 minutes depending on thickness).

No comments: